Getting Waste Wise
We all love food, so we should try our best to stop it reaching the bin. After all it isn’t just the food we are wasting but the resources that land, energy and water that help it reach our plates.
Stats behind our binned food
- 1/3 of food produced goes to waste
- In the UK 70% of all food waste happens in our homes
- The average family of four can save just over £60 per month by reducing food waste
- 4.5 million tonnes of edible food is waste every year in UK households
- That is enough to fill 6 Wembley Stadiums, 90 Royal Albert Halls and 38 million wheelie bins.
October Food Waste Recipe
Do you have apples in the fruit bowl starting to turn brown? Grate them into your overnight oats for freshness.